Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Waffles and Ho's

So the CU Tonight people told me I had until April 21st to get them the application for Waffle Night on Ho Plaza, and in typical last-minute fashion, I'm finishing up the details now.

I got our Fraternity advisor's signature on Monday (the hard part), just filled out the UUP form to use Ho Plaza (another hard part), and now I just need to write up the event. I'm done at 12:05 tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get it done by 1:30 p.m. and hand everything in by 2 p.m.

Anyone want to bet something gets derailed in the process?

Anyway -- for those of you still wondering why the brothers of Kappa Delta Rho would be serving waffles on Ho Plaza -- the answer is that we're going to provide an alcohol free alternative to the parties in collegetown during the first weekend of orientation. At the same time, we're not ignoring those students who chose to drink -- we're actually embracing them as the flawed individuals they are who may need help. In this manner, we're serving water and waffles so that these intoxictated freshmen remain safe, and can balance the OH molecules in their systems.

I mean, they're going to drink. They might as well drink safetly and pass by the watchful eyes of EMTs as they stumble up through Ho Plaza and back through to North campus, right?

No comments: