Friday, April 09, 2004

Sick Again

"Dude you look like shit," Jon told me, as I took my fleece off my face.

I had been sleeping on his big green couch -- the Shamrock -- for more than a hour. I was in Room 10 at the house, and had wandered up there after having dinner on campus with one of the comm professors and our advisees. It was the end of a very long day, and after not being able to swallow solid food larger than some lucky charms cereal, the feaver had hit me.

I turned over on my side, mumbled something back to Jon, and spent the next three hours or so wandering in and out of consciousness. Not even Joel's blaring music woke me, a surprise considering how loud it was. It seemed like I had been passed out for hours, but it was just 9:30 when I finally was moved to get off the couch. Jon and I then took matching shits, discussed our upcoming pledge activity, and said goodnight. I wandered downstairs to see if I could get someone to give me a ride home.

Our pledges are good kids. Sure enough, one of them was willing to give my sorry as a lift back to college town. Before we left, though, I raided the bar, taking a bottle of W-Up and leaving $5 in it's place. I really neeeded to get some liquid in me, and figured I should pay my social fee for the week. Killing Two birds with one stone was pretty good.

So then I came home, passed out for a while more, and woke up to find Condaleza Rice on TV. Apparently I had fallen asleep again while watching C-Span. Despite my best efforts, I couldn't follow the testimony -- I was too out of it. Instead I flipped around and started in on the W-Up.

And now I'm headed to bed. But not before I had a fun chat with Jevon and Graham. We just sat in the common room for a while, talking about this and that. Then Graham said something really funny.

"Look at that Gouter on Your neck!"

I was worried this morning when I woke up, becuase my neck looked wierd and swollen in the mirror. No one said anything all day, though, which surprised me. When Graham did, I laughed.

We later named my swollen left gland "Svelt." While he's been great, I hope Svelt calms down soon. I miss being able to swallow real food.

No comments: