Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Waffle Ingredients: $86.78, Chairs: $114 ... throwing up on your front lawn after a day of classes and paperwork: Priceless

So today I did the full slate. I went to class, handed in my assignments, and then worked on the application for CU Tonight funding for "Waffles and Ho's." What did I learn at Cornell today?

1) Everyone loves Waffles on Ho Plaza
2) There were a lot more CU Tonight Applications than I thought there'd be
3) Cornell Student Assembly President Nick Linder is an asshole, and I have no idea how he fits his head through doorways
4) The Dinning people are nicer than expected
5) I could do Waffles on Ho Plaza without CU Tonight for around $100 (a much simpler version, sadly)
6) Sean Greenhalgh does not get assists
7) Don't eat lunch at the Ivy Room

I write the last one becuase I just had lunch there, read through the McPaper sports section, and walked home. While turning the corner onto Eddy, my mouth started to water intensly and I thought, "Gee ... this hasn't happened since the last time I threw up."

Then I threw up on the lawn. Twice. And then once more when I was in my apartment for good measure. I don't think anyone saw me outside, but I still feel a bit embarrased about it. I understand that it's a normal physical reaction, and that a lot of sorority girls do it here at Cornell all the time, but I still consider it a sign of weakness. It says to the world that I'm not ready to be back here, in the daily grind. It says I need to slow down even further.

I mean I know why it happened. My abdominal muscles have been feeling strained all day (probably becuase I just laid around last week on the couch), and all the jostling of walking home was too much for my body. Reverse parastalasys (sp?) started, and that was it. It's like when I used to eat too close to races in high school. Afterwards I'd be huddled over the trash can.

But now it's nap time.

No comments: