Sunday, April 04, 2004

Things Panned Out

So the other night, I came home to find my inbox cluttered with e-mails. Most were from work (still haven't started rebuilding my filters yet), but one was from a person I had never heard of before. While most of the time I delete these e-mails, the subject inspired a change of heart.

"we have your frying pan"

It was all I needed to know. Of course, inside were details of how to get my pan back, and how they stumbled on it. Apparently after visiting, the girls became curious and dug around the apartment. Tucked away in some obscure drawer was my pan, with the note Sarah told me she had written.

I was really excited. Haven't gotten it back yet, but I'm still really excited.

---

Course enroll is tomorrow, but I've got to be to work by 8 a.m. I'm thinking of going in, getting into the building early, and setting up my laptop to do course enroll via the wireless connection we have. Then, I figure I can get it done on time and be to work early. We'll have to see if this bone-headed scheme actually works.

---

Last night Jason, Phil and I decided to make burgers and waffles. The result was a damn-good waffle burger, and a hilarious ride through college town. On our way back from Wegmans, we drove all around Cornell. I held the box of Waffle mix out the window and yelled things to people.

A lot of them responded positively to the messages of "Waffles!" and "Make waffles, not love," with some even responding back. One guy chased us down to a red light, poked me on the shoulder and yelled "Waffles Rule" into the car.

Due to the wild popularity of our waffling message, we have decided to make a whole box of mix next weekend, and take the resultant waffles into college town around 1 a.m. when the bars close. We're then going to hand the waffles out to people. Phil really wants this to take off, thinking we could be known as the waffle guys. I just want to see people's reactions. If you want in, e-mail me. The address is on the left-hand side of this page.

No comments: