Monday, April 12, 2004

Maybe I Could Get a Summer Job With the Circus

"Whoa -- you could ski off that thing!"

or at least that's what the look in the doctor's eyes told me. I suppose it's a good thing. All of my attempts to get a summer internship (see 30+ applications to daily papers, a resume submission to Intel, and two senate applications) have produced nothing so far, I suppose I could string this sick thing out and join the circus.

"I've never seen anyone's neck swell up that much," is what he actually said. "You must have been sitting next to some really sick kids in class."

"Well I didn't get this sick the fun way," I told him. He laughed. I'm glad someone can.

And the good news from my doctor's visit today? ... yeah, I'm still waiting for that, too. Apparently it's going to take me 4-8 weeks to get completely over the mono thing. The doctor even said that having strep and the mono must really suck. I wasn't sure if I should correct him. "Really suck" is a bit of an understatement.

At least the swelling has gone down enough so that I can eat solid food again. The Penicillin also seems to be kicking in. So the next question that needs to be answered is, can I pull a full day's work at school? I mean, going to class and sitting there, taking notes is all fine and well. Yet what about the 25-minute walk to class, and the 25-minute walk back? Let's not forget the extra reading, project meetings, and assignments that are currently piling up while I'm sitting at home, sleeping 18 of 24 hours of the day.

Ugh.

And now that I've been awake three hours, it's time for bed.

No comments: