Sunday, May 02, 2004

Crunch Time

I'm going to really enjoy this upcoming study and finals period because I only have one scheduled exam. Unfortunately, I this means that I have a hellish week a head of me. I've got a comm law paper, my sociology final, my HCI final presentation, a video to edit for Risk Comm and the first part of that final exam to do. I can't believe the professor wants us to write eight pages for one question.

I'm watching the Lakers play the Spurs right now. Every writer has seemed to turn on Gary Payton lately -- they say he's lost the edge to compete. He's too slow, can't hit his shots, he's letting his arrogance get in the way.

I don't know. I'll still take the glove over any point gaurd in the league. He's a smart player with solid experience. He just had a wide open three, but instead passed inside to Karl Malone. Most people wouldn't understand why, but it worked out in the end. Malone ended up getting the three point play and a bonus; he drew a foul from Tim Duncan. If the game goes to overtime, and the Lakers can get a win, it'll be thanks to Gary Payton.

But it doesn't seem like the Lakers will get that far. None of them can hit their free throws today.

No comments: