Tuesday, May 04, 2004

"Hey Norm ..."

Will Ferrell used to do these hilarious Harry Carrey impersonations on SNL, and at somepoint during the skit he'd ask Norm McDonald some really crazy question about food. Ribs, Yankee Stadium Hotdogs, Cheese ... they touched all the basics except waffles.

I know, I know. It looks like I'm obsessed with waffles. In actuality, I'm just happy beucase CU Tonight has agreed to fund my idea. This August, orientation will be a little bit safer, and that makes me feel good.

I'm fighting off a head cold. I finally replenished my supply of 12-hour Sudafed today, and had been using the four-hour tabs instead lately. They just didn't do the trick. I took a pair last night, got five hours of sleep, and woke up completely congested. They're supposed to last for six hours!

I'm going to take a nap now before bunkering in with my soc notes and comm law supplies. I've got one paper, one exam, and one video to edit before I can take a breather (Wednesday). Then on Thursday I need to get back to work and finish off my Risk Comm exam.

I've had MSNBC on for the past hour, blaring away while I check the e-mail and fantasy league. Politics are so rediculous. Donald Rumsfeld is on now, trying to cover his ass over the abuse of Iraqi captives. Before that George Bush was cracking jokes about foreign leaders to a bunch of rednecks in Ohio. It's a shame when entertainment takes presidence over subsantive policy discussions. Lies and jokes just don't seem help the American people like medicare and social security. I wonder if FDR operated like this.

No comments: