Saturday, March 27, 2004

Spring Breaking

I'm at wits end here -- thank God spring break is almost over. For some reason, I cannot sleep in any later than 5 a.m., and usually give up sleeping in general around 6 (despite having gone to bed around 1 a.m.). Resigned to napping most of the afternoon away, I have developed a vicious cycle, missing out on the sunlight and warmer weather that is not Ithaca. (Not that Lancaster's been sandy beaches or anything of the like...)

Bill and Mary Ann have been wonderful hosts, although I've already settled on a warmer climate for next year. Mr. Frasco recommends The Islands, Mexico (Cancun, if I recall properly), or the great state of Florida -- all prime choices that I hope to work out with the Men of Sage. If they can't settle on something, I'm hoping to get some of the fraternity brothers together for some bar hopping in warmer climates.

Oh, and while I'm rambling ... anyone else notice how quickly "Honey" moved from theaters to DVD? If only the good movies could do that, that quickly. I saw Starsky and Hutch last night with the 'rents, and they loved it. Personally, I thought it dragged a bit in the beginning, but then quickly got up to good-humor speed. Not quite the plot complexity of Zoolander, or Tennenbaums, and the characters weren't as developed, but easily a fan favorite for any Wilson/Stiller film.

(Although lets be honest, can anything beat Meet the Parents? Maybe Meet the Fuckers (due out this Spring/Summer), but Parents was a damn good film, and offered the talents of both Stiller and Wilson.)

Gems from my most recent Canadian sojourn, coming soon...

No comments: