Monday, March 15, 2004

As The Sun turns...

A controversy is a brewin'

Apparently, I was not elected to a senior editor position at The Daily Sun, despite garnering more than the necessary total number of votes. What does this mean? Two things: first, from an election standpoint, one or more of the big three (Editor in Cheif, Managing Editor, Business Manager) didn't vote for me, and two, I am for all practical purposes done at The Daily Sun.

I'll keep the column. I'll keep my beat. It wouldn't be fair to dump more work on the current editors. I will not however help with pullouts, read over and edit content, or design pages. Those are rights and responsibilites reserved to editors, of which I am supposedly not one.

And the Controversy? Well, for starters, the current sports editor said he'd quit if I didn't win. Does he hold up to his word and shock the rest of the editorial board? Do his assistants go too? It'd cripple the paper, and create an interesting standoff. What if the other editors followed? How strongly do they feel about it?

Then again, all of this is just based off of bits and pieces of rumors. We'll find out the whole thing on Tuesday, when (undoubtably) I'll be whining and speculating again.

If anyone has any suggestions for my newfound free time, feel free to pass them along.

---

And Cornell lost in hockey tonight. It was dissapointing to say the least. Check out my column in The Sun tomorrow for my full thoughts on the season.

No comments: