Monday, September 08, 2003

Don't look back

So there's this story in the bible where these people are fleeing Soddom, the wife turns around to look and then poof! She turns into a pillar of salt.

I didn't do that, but I did go back to read some of my articles tonight. My field hockey ones are all cut and dry, starting out the same, so I used them as an example for our Compets. A bit of "don't do what Johnny Don't does..."

Then I went to my lax articles to make sure I still didn't do that. I don't, but I noticed something else.

In my last article from last year, there's this qoute from Ryan McClay. He says that when he walks off the field, and looks back, he wants to be smiling beucase of the good memories.

And that's where I lose it.

If Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt, my eyes turned into the sea. On the same page was Kristen Haunss's last column. Below it was the story about the senior laxers. It made me get misty.

Sure I've got 1.9 years left here, but how people like that could ever walk away from the memories, the games, and the stories -- I'll never know. How I'll do it, is even more of a mystery.

---

Song of the moment -- fall playlist. It's been going for an hour now with songs that remind me of orange leaves, fields of dreams, and dance floors littered with broken hearts. Fall has been magical, and here's to hoping the magic never ceases...

No comments: