Saturday, September 06, 2003

Biking to the Mall

What a bitch!

I had to bike out to the mall today to get my new frames. I think I was gone about 2 1/2 hours total, but it feels like I've wasted an entire day. I did manage to do a lot, however.

Of course the first place I went was Sterling optical. I got there and found that my glasses had not yet been made beucase the new frames were a different color. I don't care about color (well, not to this extent), so I told them to put my new frames in and get me going.

The service was quick, but my adjustment to the lenses was not. I could tell that a week of wearing my old prescriptions was not what the doctor had ordered, so I wandered around the mall for a bit. I wanted to check out the portable DVD players anway.

I looked in Target first -- no good. Then I went to Best Buy. They had the standard 5.6 inch screen for $176, but not much else in my price range. The next best thing was from polaroid, only after examining the quality I found that it wasn't that great. The screen was grainy, and seemed to dull the movie clips. I was not impressed.

I think I'm going to wait on the portable purchase, unless I find something better. I'm sure if I watch the deals long enough one will pop up.

Anyway. My next stop was Tops. I picked up some brocoli and catfish, which I am now going to make for dinner. I'll probably follow it up with a quiet night of laundry and work. I have to get two papers finished tonight, so I can take my diagnostic test tomorrow.

No comments: