Monday, July 14, 2003

What a weekend

So the Daily Sun kids came in on Saturday so we could do the freshman issue (which we are still in the middle of), and I have never felt less productive in my life.

It's not them, they're great. Owen has done about six pages of the section so far, and Freda and Pete were almost finished with news. Nope, the problem is with me. Like last night for instance -- I was updating the photo on a page with Joe Niewendyke (sp?), when I looked at the clock. The time was 1:33 a.m., and I had just put the photo down. Owen and I did somemore stuff, but only ended up finishing that page. In the end we left the sun at 2:37 a.m. It had taken us over an hour just to update a photo!

Adding to my misery, it seems as if things are slipping away from me. Tough to imagine when I don't actually do much. I started at the Ithaca Journal on Thursday, but haven't written a real article yet. Instead the managing editor had me doing busy work; I was writing up a profile of all the interns so the other editors would know who they (and I) all are. I was also supposed to call the metro editor to set up a time to come in this past weekend, but couldn't reach him by phone (he came in late and I was out). So I only hope that I'm not in the doghouse. I'm going to call the ME later today to ask him what I should do next.

To top it off, It's now past 1 p.m., and I just got up. No doubt Owen has already gotten his qoutes and started in on his articles. Meanwhile, I (with two articles to write), still need atleast two sets of qoutes, and then need to get writing. It is a bit frustrating, especially since I need to do some LSAT work before tomorrow's class.

Ah well, atleast this past weekend was cool (I'll update on that tonight).

No comments: