Friday, July 18, 2003

And then reality hits like a ton of bricks

So I think I just figured out the root of my problems. I'm the surrogate adult living with a bunch of kids.

Think about it, when you were a kid, money was never an issue. You never worried about bills, and always had the gall to ask for something if you wanted it. You never gave a second thought to the expense your parents might have to shoulder. The people I live with just have to pay rent. They don't have to worry about things like utility payments being linked to their names.

But I find myself on the other side.

In two weeks, the cable bill will come in my name, but the people who owe me money for it won't be in Ithaca. I however, won't have enough to float the bill. It poses an interesting situation.

If I can, I should cancel the cable services, thus avoiding a bill. But first I'll write to our incoming residents to see if they can put up the cash for it. I doubt they will, so it looks like I'll end up cancelling it.

I wonder if I should cancel the modem, too?

What a college education! For the first time in my life I'm worried about finances. I just wish I could get my reimbursement from the glee club.

No comments: