Tuesday, January 20, 2004

"Routine Matinence"

If you've sent me an e-mail in the past 24 hours, I haven't gotten it. The Cornell mail server I'm on has been malfunctioning, and I haven't been able to access my mailbox since Sunday night.

I'm even more pissed becuase I called the Network Operations Center (NOC) and they told me (at 5 a.m. on Monday) that the servers were down for "routine matience." I work at CIT, I should have known better. That's always been code for "fucked up." Worse, they still haven't fixed the issue, meaning I'll be without e-mail for a while longer.

At least Rush is going well.

I went to a meeting tonight to learn about contacts. Our elected rush chair told us all that he was going to Italy this Spring, but assured us that he'd be here for rush week. Then he suddenly remembered that he had to be there before Rush, so we got screwed.

The meeting went well, and Jon and Jason were there, too. We then met with Tabari to discuss rush week and how we would run things. T is getting sick, so he asked if we could help fill in at some things. There's also a lot of behind the scenes activity that needs to happen for rush to run smoothly. Like tomorrow, the rest of the house will be paintballing in Rochester, while Jason and I head back early to clean up for our smoker.

Tonight we also had six guys over. They had a blast and we took them to Hot Truck and played pool and foosball with them. Four more guys called us about paintball tomorrow (Zeke put together a sweet flyer that the J's and I handed out after the meeting). Starting rush with a huge activity like that, too, will be a big help in getting rushees to come back.

Now if only it would work on my lost e-mail...

---

Side note* Rumor is that Cornell hired Marc Trestman, my OC boy from the Bay Area. Cali what!

No comments: