Friday, January 16, 2004

Don't cry for losers

I've lost a lot of various games since coming back to school. Scrabble, fooseball, Steak...the list is pretty long. All that really matters is that I now own bragging rights over guys in the house regarding Trival Pursuit.

Sure there were four of us playing against three teams of one, but we still beat them.

Why all the games? Why all the free time? It's because I've finished my final goal of the break -- finding the finalists in Cornell's coaching search. I was right about Trestman, and with a little help from some friends on East Hill, I was able to find out the other two names.

So I guess not only do I own bragging rights over guys in my house, I also own bragging rights over the football reporters at the Ithaca Journal, Buffalo News, Boston Globe, Sacramento Bee, and the Patriot Ledger. I had the story a whole day before they did. In the timeline of a newspaper, that's an eternity.

Of course, that still hasn't gotten me an internship, but to borrow from Freddy Mercury, "don't cry for losers cause we are the champions."

Now if I could only figure out which category I fit into.

No comments: